George “Modavador g” Salter
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
CONNECTOR · STRATEGIC PLANNER · COMMUNICATOR · MOTIVATOR
Accomplished community-led social service professional with a passion for assisting returning citizens transition from prison to community. Effectively utilizes resources to engage, empower, and equip those in need to succeed. Specializing in:
- Cross-cultural communication
- Strategic planning
- Community relationship building
- Organizational goal development
- Program design and implementation
- Program monitoring and evaluation
- Training and development
- Curriculum design and development
- Spiritual enrichment development
Community Support Advisory Council Coordinator – West 6/2013 – Present
Westside Health Authority, Chicago, IL
- Coordinate prison re-entry services for returning citizens and assisted Community Re-Entry & Employment Services (CREC) director with parolees transitioning from prison to community.
- Facilitate bi-monthly on-site Pre-Release Orientations to Illinois Department of Corrections (IDOC) inmates.
- Provide case management services to returning citizens at the CREC and outside locations.
- Co-facilitate weekly Overcomers Support Group meetings to minister to clients physical and spiritual needs.
- Identify, recruit, and engage community partners to attend monthly CSAC –West Council meetings.
- Emcee Monthly CSAC-West Council meeting.
- Coordinate community engagement with local churches, government agencies, firms, and organizations.
- Humanitarian Award Recipient – engraved on the plaque, “Service to others is the rent you pay for room on earth” (one of Muhammad Ali’s best quotes) was presented by Marcus King, Community Outreach Administrator, Illinois Department of Corrections (IDOC), for assisting returning citizens succeed in their transition from prison back to community.
Recognized by Representative La Shawn K. Ford of the State of Illinois Ninety-Ninth General Assembly House of Representatives for outstanding community engagement, dedication, and hard work that led to many returning citizens’ successful re-entry.
- Proclamation recipient presented by State Senator Kimberly A. Lightford of the Ninety-Eighth General Assembly of the State of Illinois in recognition of a life and career of exemplary service and passionate dedication to community and the future of many people, young and old.
Program Coordinator 3/2013 – 6/2013
JUST of DuPage, Wheaton, IL
- Coordinated spiritual enrichment, addiction recovery, and educational programs.
Account Executive, Consultant 1/2013 – 4/2013
Total Living Network, Aurora, IL
- Utilized contacts and expertise to build ministry partnerships with Chicago land area churches.
Discipleship and Resident Director 3/2010 – 1/2012
Koinonia House National Ministries (KHNM), Wheaton, IL
- Mentored, trained, and received men coming out of prison into a 15-month residential program.
- Recruited, trained, and educated church teams to mentor and disciple residents during their transition
- Conducted extensive correspondence with over 40 inmates, which led to 30 applications.
- Six applicants were accepted into the residential program.
- Helped raised thousands of dollars in support for at KHNM 2010 and 2011 Annual Fundraising Banquets.
Senior Vice President of Vending and Payphone Operations, 12/1997 – 11/2008
KELLEE Communications Group, San Francisco, CA, and Raleigh, NC
- Prepared and submitted major airport telecommunications RFP responses.
- Secured RFP awards, executed contracts, and completed project management of installation and service.
- Expanded operations overseeing a staff of 10 persons producing annual gross revenue of $2.7 million.
Case Manager, Life Skills, and Substance Abuse Counselor 3/1995 – 11/1997
Volunteers of America Delaware Valley, Camden, NJ
- Developed treatment plans, provided group and individual life skills, job readiness, and substance abuse counseling for at-risk populations.
- Achieved a 65% graduation rate for clients transitioning into the men’s residential program.
- Assisted 17 clients transition from homelessness to self-sufficiently through education and employment.
General Manager of East Coast Operations, 11/1989 – 6/1992
KELLEE Communications Group, Inc., Jersey City, NJ
- Created project planning for new installations, performed revenue forecasts and cost analysis, communicated project goals, objectives, guidelines and performance review protocol and timelines.
- Prepared payroll, monthly, quarterly and annual summary reports, compiled monthly Profit and Loss statements, and managed accounts receivables and payables and reconciled monthly bank statements.
Salter Operator Network (SON) Communications, 12/1988 – 10/1989
- Founded Private Pay Telephone start-up communications company
- Sold the SON Communications to KELLEE Communications Group in 1990.
Founder, President 1/1985 – 9/1996
Modavador G and Company, Inc., Camden, NJ
- Trained by Les Brown, Modavador g presented more than 1,500 workshops, concerts, and seminars throughout the United States.
PERSONAL & PROFESSIONAL PRESENTATIONS
- Unite 2016 Correctional Ministry Summit, Workshop Presenter – 2016
- Poetry In Motion: Picture this, God is on time – An Inspirational Spoken Word Devotional, Author – 2016
- Tyndale Prison & Jail Ministry Recommended Resource Listing, Designer – 2016
- Flip The Script – a hip-hop literary work exploring God’s Word from creation to eternity, Author – 2015
- Bridge Communities Transitional Housing Program – Graduated – 2015
- Louisiana State Penitentiary – “Live @ Angola R.A.P. Session CD series”, Producer – 2010
- The Navigators – Distributed God’s Story: Its All Good in the Hood, (an 80-minute overview of the Bible in Hip Hop) on the MegaVoice (a solar-power audio unit). Chaplains, volunteers, and inmates in 500 prisons across the country use the Mega Voice as an evangelism and discipleship tool, Hip Hop Missionary, 2008
- God’s Story: It’s All Good in the Hood, Language Translator and Narrator – 2005
- Tm4-1-2 All-Terrain – LifeWay Youth Discipleship Curriculum, Writer – 2004
- H3O Radio – Animated online Holy Hip Hop Show, Producer – 2002
- REM-STAR (Reach, Educate and Motivate – Sensitive Teenagers At Risk), Program Developer- 1994
- Illinois Department of Juvenile Justice: Youth Center (IYC) St. Charles – Volunteer Basketball Coach – 2016
- Kairos Torch Prison Ministry Advisory Council at IYC St. Charles – Spiritual Leader – 2016
- DuPage Foundation – Ain’t Misbehavin’ A 1920 Experience – Fundraiser Presenter – 2015
- Correctional Ministers & Chaplains Association (CMCA) – Member – 2015
- 7-70 Re-Entry Services – Member of Board of Directors & Co-Founder – 2015
- Rhyme 2 Reason – Founder – 2013
- Bridge to Freedom – Cell Blocked Unlocked – Life Skills Coach – 2012
- DuPage County Jail – Cell Block Unlocked: Answering the Call, Bible Study Instructor – 2011
- Willow Creek Community Church, Prison Ministry Spiritual Formation Coach -2011
- Full Gospel Deliverance Center, Ordained Minister, received ordination – 2010
- North Carolina Department of Corrections – Discipleship Bible Study Instructor – 2009
- Simply the Story – Inductive “Oral Style” Bible Storyteller, Instructor – 2009
- House 2 House Community Enrichment Programs, Founder – 2008
- First Missionary Baptist Church (Marin City), Youth Pastor – 2003
- First Missionary Baptist Church (Marin City), Director of Holy Hip Hop Praise & Worship Ministries – 2002
- Anointed Madd Traxx (AMT) Hip-Hop Gospel Record Label, Co-Founder – 1998
- Juvenile Resource Center, Inc. – Community Services Award – 1997
- State of New Jersey Camden County Voter Registration Program, Volunteer – 1992
- Modavador G and Company, Founder – Motivational Speaker, trained by Les Brown – 1990
- Outstanding Young Men of America Nominee – 1985
- Wall Street Journal’s Award of Excellence, School of Business at SUNY Geneseo- 1981
EDUCATIONAL AND ACADEMIC TRAINING
Bachelor of Science in Management Science, Concentration: Personnel / Industrial Relations
- Graduated with honors from School of Business State University of New York, Geneseo, NY
- Attended Moody Bible Insititute, Chicago, IL
- Attended Benedictine University, Lisle, IL
- Attended BGCE, Institute fof Prison Ministries at Wheaton College, Wheaton, IL
- Attended Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary, Mill Valley, CA